that offer a new outlook on the world, a unique style, and experimentation and progress in terms of genre conventions. Three feature film awards and two short film awards are voted on by a jury consisting of international film professionals. Audience Awards for both the features and shorts categories are determined by audience vote.
Bucheon Choice: Features
- Best of Bucheon (KRW 20,000,000)
- Best Director Choice (KRW 5,000,000)
- Jury’s Choice (KRW 5,000,000)
- Audience Award
Bucheon Choice: Shorts
- Best Short Film (KRW 5,000,000)
- Jury’s Choice for short Film (KRW 3,000,000)
- Audience Award for Short Film
This Korean competition section was established to support and encourage Korean genre films. Four feature film awards are chosen by the Korean competition jury, Best Korean Short Film is selected by the short film jury, and the Audience Awards for feature and short film are determined by audience vote. The Watcha New Talent Award and Distribution Award are given to outstanding new directors in both the features and shorts categories.
Korean Fantastic: Features
- Korean Fantastic Film (KRW 20,000,000)
- Korean Fantastic Best Director (KRW 10,000,000)
- Fantastic Actors (2 persons)
- Korean Fantastic Audience Award
- Nonghyup Award (distribution award, KRW 10,000,000)
- CGV Award (distribution award, KRW 10,000,000)
- Watcha New Talent Award (two films, KRW 5,000,000 each)
Korean Fantastic: Short
- Best Korean Short Film (KRW 5,000,000)
- Audience Award for Korean Short Film
- Watcha New Talent Awards (KRW 5,000,000)
Méliès International Festivals Federation(MIFF) Award for Best Asian Film
The Méliès International Festivals Federation (MIFF) Award for Best Asian Film intends to discover and promote Asian genre films. MIFF’s representative jury selects the best Asian fantastic film from the World Fantastic Red section.
The NETPAC Award is given by the Network for the Promotion of Asian Cinema (NETPAC). The NETPAC Jury Committee, composed of NETPAC members and cultural industry professionals, selects the best Asian film from the World Fantastic Blue section.