International competition Bucheon Choice presents films that show innovative, experimental spirit with a unique vision and style. Two feature film awards and two short film awards are selected by international jury, and Audience Awards are determined by audiences’ votes.
Bucheon Choice: Features
- Best of Bucheon (KRW 20,000,000)
- Best Director Choice (KRW 5,000,000)
- Jury’s Choice (KRW 5,000,000)
- Audience Award
Bucheon Choice: Shorts
- Best Short Film (KRW 5,000,000)
- Jury’s Choice for Short Film (KRW 3,000,000)
- Audience Award for Short Film
This Korean competition section was established to support and encourage Korean fantastic genre films. Four feature film awards are chosen by the Korean competition jury, and Best Korean Short Film is selected by an international short film jury. Audience Awards for Korean feature and short film are determined by audiences’ votes. This year, the competition has two new awards; Watcha's Pick (Feature/Short), for the debut feature and short, and Distribution Awards for 4 best features.
Korean Fantastic: Features
- Techcross Environmental Services Best Korean Fantastic Film
- Korean Fantastic Best Director (KRW 5,000,000)
- Watcha's Pick (KRW 10,000,000)
- Fantastic Actors (2 persons)
- Korean Fantastic Audience Award
- Distribution Award
Korean Fantastic: Short
- Best Korean Short Film (KRW 5,000,000)
- Watcha's Pick (KRW 5,000,000)
- Audience Award for Korean Short Film
Melies International Festivals Federation (MIFF) Award for Best Asian Film
Melies International Festivals Federation (MIFF) Asian Award intends to promote and encourage Asian fantastic genre films. MIFF’s representative jury selects the best Asian fantastic film from the World Fantastic Red section.
NETPAC Jury Committee comprised of NETPAC members and film professionals select the best Asian film from the World Fantastic Blue section, which features newer genres and varied stories of comedy, fantasy and drama.